Eric Block: Personal Injury Lawyer:
In November, 1999, Mr. Block won what is believed to be the largest jury verdict in the history of the United States for any knee injury case, in Stebbins vs. Mitco Water Laboratories, Inc. There, Mr. Block won a jury verdict of $7,777,800.00. In the case of Thomas vs. S.E.L. Maduro, tried before a jury in 1995, Mr. Block served as co-counsel with noted trial lawyer, S. Perry Penland, and together they won a personal injury jury verdict of just under $14,000,000.00.
Mr. Block has extensive trial experience in business disputes, personal injury litigation, and criminal law. He has also been active as a Mediator, being certified by The Florida Supreme Court for all Civil Circuit Court disputes, and has special certification for Family Law disputes. He has argued cases on nation-wide television covered live by “Court TV”, and has been a featured guest twice on “The Maury Povich Show,” speaking about cases on which he served as trial counsel.
Rick Block primarily practices law out of his Jacksonville, Florida offices, however, he has been specially admitted to practice in states other than Florida. For instance, in May, 1999, in Decatur, Georgia (just outside Atlanta), Mr. Block won the landmark jury verdict in Masters vs. Talbott Recovery Center, in which $1.3 million in compensatory damages, and in addition, unspecified punitive damages were awarded to a Florida physician who was wrongfully forced to undergo treatment for alcoholism in a famous Georgia treatment center.
No trial lawyer can ever guarantee success. However, your chances of winning are significantly increased when you are represented by an aggressive, experienced and successful trial lawyer. Mr. Block fights hard and has earned a record of substantial judgments on behalf of many of his clients. Eric Block can help you, too.
In addition to being admitted to all state courts in Florida, he is admitted to practice in the United States Federal Court, Middle District, and has repeatedly appeared before the Court of Appeals, First District. Mr. Block has in the past served as President-elect of the Jacksonville Trial Lawyers’ Association, President of the North Florida Music Association, is past President of Positively Jacksonville!, and has recently been inducted as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates’ Forum.
Certifications, Honors and Offices
- Admitted as Florida Bar Member-1991
- Admitted to Federal District Court- Middle District of Florida-1993
- Admitted to Georgia Superior Court- Pro Hac Vice- 1995
- Certified by Florida Supreme Court as Circuit Court Mediator-1998
- Certified by Florida Supreme Court as Family Law Mediator-1999
- Officer, Jacksonville Trial Lawyers Association-1997, 1998, 1999
- President, North Florida Music Association-1999
- President, Positively Jacksonville!-1995, 1996
- Producer, Florida Comedy Festival-1995, 1996, 1997
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL – 1973-1975- President, Junior Class
- University of Florida- 1976-1980- B.A., Major: Pre-law English
- Nova University For The Study Of Law- 1983-1985- Book Award Winner